Ultimate Fundraising values your business and is committed to providing excellent customer service. One essential component of our customer service is ensuring the privacy of the personal information of its customers including client constituents.
As of January 1, 2004, the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) applies to consultant businesses. This federal act balances an individual’s right to the privacy of personal information with the need of organizations to collect, use or disclose personal information for legitimate business Contracts with non-profit organizations or other businesses serving the third sector must recognize the value of the act and have instituted a number of measures to protect it.
This document outlines the policies and protections that Ultimate Fundraising has implemented for the security of your personal information. Please read carefully, by using Ultimate Fundraising, you agree to the policies and measures set forth in this statement. Our pledge is to safeguard the privacy rights defined in PIPEDA and all other relevant laws. How are we complying with the privacy principles of PIPEDA?
- Accountability: We have designated an individual as the person who is accountable for ensuring we use personal information in an appropriate manner. We have developed and implemented personal information policies and procedures.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify the reasons for collecting personal information before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will collect, use or disclose personal information only with the individual’s knowledge and consent, before or at the time of collection, as well as when a new use is identified.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the amount and type of information we gather to what is necessary for the identified purposes
- Limiting Use: We will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with consent or as required by law.
- Accuracy of Information: We will ensure that personal information will be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Personal information will be protected from first party unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: We will make readily available to individuals specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access: Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information. An individual can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance: An individual can address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to our Privacy Officer, who is accountable for our compliance with these principles.
What information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that we require to provide you with the services you have requested. Information collected may include
- E-mail address
- E-mail address
- Credit Card Information For Fundraising Orders requiring this method of payment.
How do we obtain your consent?
We will obtain your consent (which may be written, oral or implied) before or at the time your personal information is being collected from you, but only as permitted or required by law
How do we collect personal information?
Clients and prospective clients provide most of the personal information collected by Ultimate Fundraising. By providing clients with personal information, we consider that you do so with the knowledge and understanding that it is collected, used, and disclosed for the identified purposes.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
How do we use your information?
Any information you submit to Ultimate Fundraising is used to improve your user experience and the quality of services offered. Personal information that is collected may be used for
- Establishing and maintaining communication with you
- Servicing your requests and complying with the requests from clients. Regulatory and law enforcement authorities
- Compiling statistics
- Accounting – billing information, credit card/bank account numbers
- Evaluation and quality assurance procedures
- We may also use the information you provide us to inform you on additional related issues, documents, research, products, services, or updates as available, or to request your opinion on existing or potential services.
- Please understand that any text or information that you submit as customer feedback becomes the sole property of Ultimate Fundraising, and may be used for any purpose, including but not limited to marketing purposes
Protecting Your Privacy
Your personal information is kept in strict confidence. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access. We restrict access to your personal information to those individuals who we have determined need to know in order to provide products or services to you. Ultimate Fundraising retains indefinitely any and all information that you provide us in order that we may provide convenient, practical and efficient customer service or to meet any legal, regulatory or tax requirements. You may update your account profile at any time, and close your account or remove any information you see fit at your discretion.
Any data that you submit will be stored and processed, in whole or in part, in Canada. If you use Ultimate Fundraising outside of Canada, you understand and agree that your information may be transferred out of your country and into Canada.
Certain services of Ultimate Fundraising will require that you provide personal information such as your e-mail address, contact information, billing information, credit card information, and other information from which your identity may be determined. Ultimate Fundraising may also ask you to provide more general information not unique to you, such as postal code, gender, age, preference, and interests. At no time will you be required to provide such information. By using Ultimate Fundraising services, you understand and agree that if you choose to provide
Third Party Disclosure Policies
Ultimate Fundraising may supply third parties with your contact information should the following examples apply:
- Ultimate Fundraising will, at your request and only at your request, release to any third party your personal information, your combined personal and demographic information or any information regarding your use of Ultimate Fundraising or the services provided should you desire additional information about a third party affiliated with Ultimate Fundraising.
- Ultimate Fundraising may disclose your personal information to any government or legal entity should we believe such an action is necessary to adhere to legal requirements, protect the rights and/or property of Ultimate Fundraising, prevent crime, or to protect the privacy or personal safety of our customers and of the public
- Ultimate Fundraising may share certain aggregated information with third parties for research or training purposes. Such information is not particular to any user, and in no way will your identity or any of your personal or demographic be determinable from such information
- Ultimate Fundraising may disclose your personal information to other adjunct companies that we use to provide service, such as companies that process credit card payments. These companies will have access only to the information they require to carry out their service, and shall under no circumstance disclose said information
Ultimate Fundraising is committed to keeping personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary taking into account its use and the interests of the individual
Access to Personal Information
You have a right to submit a written request to access your personal information that is in our possession and make corrections to it. Such a request is to be made to our Privacy Officer at the address listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days or advise you if additional time is required to respond to your request. We will amend personal information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
Requests for further information, access to personal information or complaints about Ultimate Fundraising Optimum handling of personal information should be referred to Pat Van Hesteren, General Privacy Officer as follows:
Pat Van Hesteren: Ultimate Fundraising President and Owner